Newman Early Learning Centre
YMCA Newman Early Learning Centre has a team of educators who are inclusive and welcoming of all families.
Receive one week free! New families joining YMCA Newman can receive one week free* when signing up now. Already an existing customer? We've got you covered! Refer a family to YMCA Newman and also receive one week free*. Contact us for further details on how to redeem this offer.
*Conditions apply, contact Centre for more information.
The facility was purpose built by the YMCA in partnership with BHP Billiton Iron Ore in 2009 to support the needs of the local community. The centre has an amazing natural outdoor environment with real grass, trees, vegetable, a flower gardens and chickens, as well as offering a diverse creative arts program. The sense of community and homely atmosphere makes our centre a home away from home. At every opportunity, children are discovering and bringing their learning to life.
We offer places for children from birth to 5 years, we only serve nutritious home-style food and we pride ourselves on offering extremely affordable fees. The centre is a member of Remida; a creative reuse centre that supplies recyclable materials to services for children to be creative with and learn about sustainability.
YMCA Newman Early Learning Centre is also the base for a range of YMCA’s Family Support Programs, supporting Indigenous families and children in Newman and outlaying communities. We are committed to improving outcomes for Indigenous children and assisting them in successfully transitioning into school.
To understand our Approach to Learning, Philosophy of care and more information on Early Learning Centres at YMCA WA please click here.
Centre Director: Leanne
Hi there! My name is Leanne Coombes and I am the Centre Director at YMCA Newman Early Learning Centre.
I have been involved with the childcare and early learning industry for over 15 years, accompanied by a Diploma in Children's Services, and a Diploma in Leadership & Management. I've been with YMCA Early Learning Centres for over a year now and love working with the Newman community.
In my time at YMCA Newman I've loved the cultural diversity the centre provides, with children and educators coming from all parts of the world, from all walks of life. My team is what helps bring our centre to life and I enjoy seeing the children and families light up each time they come to the centre.
Above all, I value safeguarding of children, learning and growth, and supporting the needs of our families the most.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family to Newman Early Learning Centre.
- My son loves the Y Newman. He is always happy and confident there and has loved all of his educators. Trying to get him to stop talking about them all was very hard. I had such a fantastic experience at the Y that when I moved towns we chose to send him to another Y Early Learning Centre.
- The Y Newman look after my kids very well. Educators always lovely and communicate well with parents. Every time I pick my children up they don’t want to go home, that’s how much they love the centre and educators.
- My son loves the educators, and I love the connection they have with him. The communication is also great
- Leeanne is an asset to the Y she has can identify what my son's needs are on any given day and is absolutely by far the best carer I have ever met. I appreciate everything she does for our children in her care.
- All such amazing educators. The excitement my son gets every morning to go to day care makes it easier being a full-time working mum