Currambine Before and After School Hours Care
The service runs from Currambine Primary School and provides care for up to 39 children every day
Children can play, relax and even finish their homework in the safety of the YMCA’s before and after school care centres.
Supporting families and their children in a fun and stimulating environment is all part of our before and after school care that caters for children in Kindergarten through to the age of 12.
Your children will be cared for in an environment where we take responsibility in helping school-aged children meet their emotional and educational needs.
They will hang out with their friends and meet new friends which will help develop the social skills that come from sharing a meal together or playing a game.
Hours of Operation
- Before School Care: 7.00am until school starts
- After School: school finishes until 6.00pm
- Supervisors are able to be contacted from 1.00pm in the afternoon
All YMCA before and after school centres are staffed by qualified and experienced professionals who receive regular industry training.
Fees and Rebates
- All eligible families will receive the Government's Child Care Subsidy package (CCS).
- Before School Care permanent bookings $29.00 per day, casual bookings $31.00 per day.
- After School Care permanent bookings $39.00 per day, casual bookings $41.00 per day.
- School Holiday Program early bird bookings $80.00 per day, Casual $85.00 per day.
A Typical Day for your child
Breakfast offered to all children, regardless of what time they arrive
- Flexible and relaxed atmosphere as we help children prepare their minds and bodies for the school day
- Inside and outside activities available and dependent on the personalities of the children and how they like to approach their mornings before heading to school
- Afternoon tea provided to re-energise children after school
- Homework club with qualified staff members on hand to help
- Structured and planned yet flexible activities are offered to help meet the physical, educational and emotional needs of children coming home from school
Above and Beyond
Don’t want your kids to miss out? Neither do we! If your children are at a school-based centre and want to take part in out-of-hours activities being held on school grounds, our staff will gladly escort them and return them to the YMCA centre afterwards.
Our staff love hanging out with your kids and enjoy being a part of their lives. So much so they will walk new or shy kids to their classrooms or even attend an assembly to watch children receive merit awards. They are also so engaged in the community that they regularly offer their help at school sports carnivals.
We send out a newsletter at the end of each term to their families to keep them up-to-date with what is happening at the centre and in their local community.
- My child is enrolled at YMCA Currambine. I have nothing but praise for the staff for their commitment and personal attention to each and every child, and the caring attitude they have at all times. I would have no trouble recommending their services to anyone, as I have peace of mind whenever my child is with them. - Lize
- YMCA Currambine is a wonderful service! It is convenient and has good, solid family values. I feel safe knowing my daughter is well cared for by highly experienced staff who cater to all her needs and feed her healthy snacks. I highly recommend this service and love the varied activities that the children get to do. YMCA Currambine is a home away from home. - Tami
- My son has been attending Currambine YMCA OSHC for about two years now and we've been very impressed with the care. The carers are very professional, genuinely caring and approachable. My son always enjoys the activities over the holiday period and the interaction with the other kids there. I would highly recommend YMCA Currambine. - Melanie