Ashdale Early Learning Centre
YMCA Ashdale Early Learning Centre is committed to providing the highest quality education and care to support your child to thrive.
Receive one week free! New families joining YMCA Ashdale can receive one week free* when signing up now. Already an existing customer? We've got you covered! Refer a family to YMCA Ashdale and also receive one week free*. Contact us for further details on how to redeem this offer.
*Conditions apply, contact Centre for more information.
A fantastic nature escape area makes outdoor exploration a key feature of our centre. The facility was purpose built by the YMCA in 2012, creating spacious and vibrant environments aimed at encouraging play and learning. The service is located on the school grounds at Ashdale Primary School, helping to provide a smooth transition into schooling.
The centre offers 55 places for children from birth to 5 years and we have a child health nurse on site 4 days a week. We have a central meeting place where the children come together to share their meals – we call it our “Piazza” – meaning a place to meet. The children enjoy real grass, water pumps, logs, trees, outdoor kitchenettes, rock pits, vegetable and flower gardens. We only serve nutritious home-style food, which made each day on site from our food-coordinator and our fees are extremely affordable.
The centre is a member of Remida; a creative reuse centre that supplies recyclable materials to services for children to be creative with and learn about sustainability.
To understand our Approach to Learning, Philosophy of care and more information on Early Learning Centres at YMCA WA please click here.
Centre Director: Sarah McCandless
Hi there! My Name is Sarah and I am the Centre Director at YMCA Ashdale Early Learning Centre.
I have been passionate about education my whole life, dreaming of becoming an educator from a young age. I have worked in the Early Learning industry for over 12 years with 10 years experience with the Y from Albany to Port Hedland and in-between. I also hold my Diploma in Children's Services and a Bachelor of Education.
I am passionate about supporting children's holistic development and work closely with our educators to create a close-knit family feel, where children feel safe and supported to take risks, learn and become active and informed members of our community.
The Y Ashdale also offers a beautiful natural environment, where children can explore and learn from the world around them. Our centre is purpose built and offers a large 'Piazza' (meeting space) for the children to come together to eat or participate together as a community.
It is so rewarding to observe the amazing and capable young minds of the children in our centres and I am looking forward to supporting your child while they navigate their world, master new skills and make great memories along the way.
- Great educators, friendly service and they are teaching my son great things.
- My son has learnt a lot from YMCA Ashdale. Great staff and a pleasant environment for kids to stay. Thank you.
- At YMCA Ashdale I am confident that my child is safe, nurtured and being cared for in all areas of development.
- Ashdale is a fantastic centre. My kids love the carers and they truly have learnt so much. Highly recommend
- My daughter goes to the Darch centre and is cared for over 3 full days. I have found the centre management and its carers to be very warm and welcoming and always sensitive to my daughters needs on each day as these can be different each time we visit depending on how her night was or even her start to the day. We always get a warm welcome and Amelie really feels part of a large loving family when she’s at the centre and has made some lovely little friends. I really love having the updates and pictures in the record book and especially enjoy the learning outcomes updates I get from time to time. - Dominique
- Flexible, caring and very accommodating. YMCA have made life very easy for me, balancing school and work. - Kahli
- My child has attended Ashdale ELC for the past year and in that time I have always felt extremely comfortable leaving her. The educators are caring, friendly and passionate. I know my child is very happy there and feels safe and secure at the service. - Jo
Fabulous center! From the first day we took a tour, to my daughter being enrolled this center has been nothing but amazing. The staff are very caring, attentive and knowledgeable. Very impressed with the updates and communication (including photos) which allows me to check in and see how she’s going throughout the day. My daughter has made a great bond with her educators which makes me really happy to see that she is comfortable, happy and safe in her space. Highly recommend!-Zainab